Modelling is a childhood dream of many aspiring models and can be a fun and exciting experience career and well-paid profession for the ones that have what it takes.
It can provide the opportunity to express yourself creatively, to travel all over the world, and to be exposed to a wide range of learning opportunities.
In fashion modelling, girls should be at least 5ft 8ins tall (1.73cms) and more or less 34-24-34(86cm-61cm-86cm).
A male model should be at least 6ft tall (1.83cms), chest 40 (suit regular), and inside leg 33ins (84cm).
As importantly, models need to have the right attitude and personality for this type of work: a model must be alert, intelligent, resourceful, reliable, and must if you are interested to join a manager, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who does the manager represent and what are the results of other models the manager represents?
- Who are the managers clients and international agency partners?
- Is the manager a MAMA member?
- Is the manager asking for money upfront or are they ready to invest money in your career?
- Do they have a proper office or are they just using a mobile phone number or meeting your in a coffee house?
- Did you google the managers name? are there any articles about the manger or the models represented by manager?
- Did you ask the manager for contacts of other models and guardians they represent to inquire about the manager?
Boys and girls that are have what it takes to become a model will be guided by a proper manager that includes and informative introduction to the modeling business building of your initial portfolio or simple digital snapshots for partner agencies and clients review career planning and management.
Not every potential model fits the needs and image of every agency therefore if you have been rejected by a certain manager or agency try and try again.
There are many rogue model managers and scam agencies out there who make money by charging upfront fees for “model books” “portfolios” or “model schools” offering various modeling diplomas.
A serious manager will not charge you upfront fees but will invest in your career and “advance” development costs and will refund these costs from your future jobs.
We stand to assist and welcome your questions by email email@example.com