Managers and Agents must work closely together in order to better serve the Models.
By setting industry ethical and professional standards we can minimize some of the issues affecting us all and thus make a real change positive change for for a better business experience and restoring modeling business reputation.
- “switching models” a plague that is hurting our industry. contracts must be respected. Models have the right to request a switch of managers and or agencies either by mutual consent of both parties of the agreement or by a judge decision. It is the models obligation to get a release of agreement from the court and not the managers/ mother agents. Models with the supervision of managers must not leave agencies with debts and before switching agencies the models and managers must settle outstanding debts or reach an agreement for future settlement of debt.
- model welfare as managers that have many of times exclusive world- wide agreements with models, we must stay alert to the models welfare and well -being including making the model business in general and working conditions a better place for models especially for underage models.
- transparency (absolute) Managers models and agents need to work in full business transparency. As it is a three way partnership Manager-Model- Agent each party needs to have access to any documents, contracts/ agreement statements or anything relating to the professional services of the model.
- commissions and commission agreements. Drafting a recommended “MCA” Manager Commission Agreement advised for all members. The agreement will set the basic fundamental rules and regulations of MAMA open to negotiation and most certainly to negotiate the financial terms of the agreement. *it is strictly prohibited of any MAMA directors or members to mutually agree or set rates on commissions or fees.
- contracts/agreements between Managers and Models, MAMA will advise its members on the basic requirements for a proper manager representation agreement. this includes the right to represent the model, model career planning, model placement with partner agencies, negotiate on the models behalf and manage the model activities internationally.
- bridging disputes between managers/models/agents. MAMA’s, directors, members, volunteers, legal and financial consultants will be made available to consult members in order to guide and possibly resolve disputes or issues with the aim of reaching a mutually agreed bridging solution and thus offering the parties the ability to continue to work together.
MAMA is our guide for a better business experience.